Scholarship Aid

How is scholarship aid determined?
Fletcher scholarship aid is distributed on the basis of both need and merit. There are no awards made based on need alone or on merit alone. Need is assessed with the Fletcher Scholarship Application.

No distinction is made between domestic and international students in awarding scholarship funds. All applicants who complete the Fletcher Scholarship Application (included with the application for admission) are eligible for scholarship consideration.
Does Fletcher offer full tuition scholarships?

Though rare, full tuition scholarships may be granted to the most outstanding applicants to Fletcher. The Committee on Admissions and Scholarships will select candidates on the basis of both merit and financial need. Emphasis is placed on candidates who exhibit exceptional academic achievement and a strong commitment to international affairs. Both international students and United States citizens are eligible, and all students who submit the Fletcher Scholarship Application are considered for scholarship.

Are there Student Employment and Work Study positions available?
Part-time jobs at many different work sites are available at The Fletcher School and other areas of Tufts University under the regular student employment budgets and, for those who qualify, the U.S. Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program. Information about Federal Work-Study can be obtained from the Tufts University Student Financial Services Office.
Are there Teaching and Research Assistant positions available?
Fletcher students may serve as teaching assistants at Tufts University in the undergraduate departments of Political Science, Economics, History, Romance Languages, German, Russian, and Asian Languages, and International Relations. At Fletcher, a limited number of teaching and research assistantships are available to second-year and doctoral students. These hourly waged positions generally provide compensation of up to $1,800 per academic year. Professors choose their own assistants. From time to time financial support is available for specific projects submitted by students or under special research assistantships developed by faculty members.
Do I need to submit proof of funding?
Proof of funding is not required for the application process, but international students who enroll will need to submit proof of funding as part of the visa process.

Start An Application

Request More Information from Fletcher