- What degree programs does Fletcher offer?
Fletcher offers 6 degree programs:
- Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy (MALD): A two-year, highly flexible, interdisciplinary, professional degree in international affairs.
- Master of International Business (MIB): A two-year hybrid international business, international affairs degree program.
- Master of Arts (MA):
A one-year degree program designed for mid-career or senior level
professionals with eight or more years of professional experience.
- Master of Laws (LLM): A one-year program in international law for professionals practicing law or for those eligible to practice law.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): An interdisciplinary, advanced study of international affairs.
Master of Arts Program (GMAP): A twelve month
program designed for mid-career or senior level professionals with eight
or more years of professional experience. Courses are conducted through
a combination of Internet-mediated instruction and three two-week
- What is the faculty to student ratio?
- What is the average class size?
- Can I attend Fletcher part-time?
The MALD, MA, MIB, LLM and PhD programs are all full-time, residential
programs. GMAP is designed so that students can continue working while
pursuing their degree.
- Does Fletcher maintain any joint degree programs?
Fletcher currently offers the following formal joint or dual degree programs:
- MALD/JD - Harvard Law School, Harvard University
- MALD/JD - School of Law (Boalt Hall), University of California, Berkeley
- MALD/MBA - Tuck School of Business Administration, Dartmouth College
- MALD/MBA - HEC MBA Program, HEC School of Management (Paris, France)
- MALD/MBA - Instituto de Empresa (Madrid, Spain)
- MALD/MBA - China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) (Shanghai, China)
- MALD/MAIS - Diplomatische Akademie Wien & - Vienna School of International Studies (Vienna, Austria)
- MALD/MIA - University of St. Gallen (St. Gallen, Switzerland)
- MALD/MA - Department of Urban and Environmental Policy, Tufts University
- MALD/MS - Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University
- MALD/MA or BA - Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Tufts University
- MALD/MS - School of Engineering, Tufts University
- MA/MD - School of Medicine, Tufts University
- MA/DVM - Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University
MIB degree candidates may pursue a joint degree with a law school or
other non-business school. LLM degree candidates may pursue a joint
degree with the MALD requiring five semesters of study.
All students interested in joint degree programs must
apply to The Fletcher School and the partner institution separately.
Each school/department will admit students according to their own
policies and qualifications. Financial aid will be determined by the
school in which the student is registered.
- Can I pursue a joint degree if the other program and Fletcher have no official relationship?
Yes. In addition to the formal dual degree programs offered by Fletcher,
students may design their own dual degrees programs with other
professional schools (such as law or business school) or academic
programs. Students interested in an ad-hoc dual degree program should
apply separately to both institutions and consult with each school after
admission to arrange a program of study.