Thank you for your interest in The Fletcher School! We look forward to receiving your application - be sure to submit your contact information for program updates, deadline reminders, and event notifications.
We offer a variety of degree programs to meet your personal and professional goals. The Degree Programs Comparison Chart offers a basic comparison of each degree program's key features.
We request that all candidates apply using the online application. However, if you are in an area with difficult computer connection you may submit a paper application. Please email the Admissions Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, for an electronic copy of the paper application.
Applicants to GMAP can find the application and related details here.
- Application for Admission
- Application Fee of $80 (Fee waiver eligibility)
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation (a third is optional)
- Essay 1
- Essay 2
- Essay 3 (Ph.D. applicants only)
- Official Test Score Reports
- Evaluative Interview (optional)
- Scholarship Application (if applicable)
- Ph.D. Dissertation Proposal (Ph.D. candidates only, 1500 words)
- Master’s Thesis or Writing Sample (Ph.D. candidates only)
- List of Ph.D. programs to which you are applying (Ph.D. candidates only)
Application Instructions Reapplication information
Current students and graduates of the MALD program applying to the PhD program should contact the PhD Program Director or Admissions Coordinator for application instructions.
Application materials and supporting documents become the confidential property of The Fletcher School and are not returnable. We suggest that for your own records, you retain a copy of the application and make a copy of those documents that are not confidential.