Important to Note:
- The Humanitarian Studies field of study requires the completion of a minimum of three course credits from the list below.
- As a reminder, please note:
- A course may be counted for credit in only one Field of Study.
- In those cases where a course is listed in more than one Field of Study, the student may choose the Field of Study in which it is to be credited.
- Courses, however, may be used to meet both Divisional Breadth Requirements and Field of Study requirements simultaneously.
- Faculty Supervising this Field of Study: Professor Daniel G. Maxwell
* This course is required for constitution of the field.
++ Any one of these courses may be used as the required course in the field.
+ Any one of these courses may be used as the second required course in the field.
[ ] Bracketed courses are those not offered 2014-2015.
Unless otherwise indicated, students need three course credits to complete a field of study. Modular courses count as one-half credit and if listed in a field, two must be taken to complete one course.
Professors with expertise in the field
When Do We Get to Peace? Patterns of Gender-Based Violence in Post-Conflict Liberia (MALD 2009)
State Branding in the 21st Century (MALD 2009)
Creating Obstacles to Peace: The International Involvement in Darfur (MALD 2009)
Unraveling the Paradox: The Resilience of Women's Rights Activism in Iran within the Context of a Changing Political Environment (MALD 2009)
Azerbaijan and Israel: Oil, Islam and Strawberries Pragmatism in Foreign Policy Between Unlikely Allies (MALD 2009)
Conceptualizing Climate Change Migration: A Literature Review and Analysis of the State of the Field and its Implications (MALD 2009)
One For All and All For One: Intra-Organizational Dynamics in Humanitarian Action (MALD 2009)
If We Could Hear & Read Their Stories: A Comparative Analysis of Perpetrator Patterns & Community Responses to Sexual Violence in Liberia & Eastern (MALD 2008)
Never Again? The Failure of the International Community and the Media During the Rwanda Genocide (MALD 2008)
Violence Prevention Through Bodybuilding (MALD 2008)
Of Peace and Justice: The Impact of Human Rights in Peacemaking (MALD 2008)
Towards a Framework for Culturally-Sensitive Psychosocial Interventions in the Population of Internally Displaced Sudanese (MALD 2008)
The Right to a Fair Trial in States of Emergencies: Non-Derogable Aspects of Article 14 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (MALD 2008)