Important: The Equivalency Exams are administered, without exception, only twice a year.
The two offerings of the Equivalency Exams take place during Fall 2013 Orientation and during Spring 2014 Orientation:
- Friday, August 30, 2013
- Thursday, January 9, 2014
Be sure to review the Equivalency Exams Information Sheet, which also provides details about how to prepare for the exams. If you plan to take the Quantitative Reasoning Equivalency Exam in Statistics, please review the B205/B206 Useful Expressions Information Sheet.
Important for MIB Students:
Three Equivalency Exams are offered for MIB core courses. Students from other degree programs are also welcome to take these exams when applicable. For MIB students wishing to take these exams, they must be taken and passed in the first year of study. If they are not taken in the first year, the associated course must be taken in the first year instead. All MIB students must have taken the B206: Data Analysis and Statistical Methods for Business course or passed the B206: Data Analysis and Statistical Methods for Business Equivalency Exam by the end of their first year of study.
The three MIB core course Equivalency Exams:
- B206: Data Analysis and Statistics for Business Equivalency Exam: Thursday, January 9, 2014, 10:30 AM-12:30 PM in Cabot 205
* MIB students who pass the B206: Data Analysis and Statistics for
Business Equivalency Exam will be exempt from having to enroll in the
course, B206: Data Analysis and Statistics for Business, and may
substitute it with an elective of their choice. This is the only
opportunity for MIBs to take this exam. This exam must be passed or the
class must be taken by the end of the first year. No notes, books, smartphones, or computers are allowed for the B206 Equivalency Exam but a non-scientific calculator is allowed for the Quantitative Reasoning B205/B206 Equivalency Exam. Please review Professor Nakosteen's recommendations about how to best prepare for this Equivalency Exam.
- E212: Macroeconomics Equivalency Exam: January 2014; exact date to be announced by the MIB Program
* MIB students who pass the E212: Macroeconomics Equivalency Exam
are exempt from taking the core course, E212, but must take a higher
level Economics course.
- E217m: Managerial Economics Equivalency Exam: August 2014
**This will be offered during the August 2014 MIB Pre-Session course (August 11-22, 2014), which is REQUIRED for all MIB students.
* MIB students who pass the E217m Equivalency Exam are exempt form taking the core course, E217m, but must take a higher level Economics course.